As someone who runs a small business, I’m all about supporting local businesses! I wanted to share with you some of my top picks for local farms to get your fresh produce and maybe even have some fun on the weekend. In addition to some of my favorite spots in the MetroWest area, I’d like to share with you some tips and tricks on visiting farms.
My favorite local farms to visit during summer harvest:
Holliston, MA – Out Post Farm
Holliston, MA – Patt’s Blueberry Farm
Framingham, MA – Hanson’s Farm
Millis, MA – Tangerini’s Farm
Natick, MA – Lookout Farm
Natick, MA – Natick Community Organic Farm
Sherborn, MA – Dowse Orchards
Wrentham, MA – The Big Apple
Tips & tricks to visiting farms:
· Check the website of the farm you are visiting for public hours, and even check their social media pages to make sure there aren’t any special hours or events happening.
· Park in the designated parking areas – if you are unsure of where to park, just ask!
· Bring cash – many farms run on cash only and may not be able to accept payment via credit card.
· Please remember that the farm's products are its income. It can be tempting to help yourself to the beautiful food you see, especially when the fruit looks perfect and so plentiful! If you are visiting a U-pick farm, of course, the whole point is to pick the fruit. In that case, make sure to pay for what you pick, and pick only from the row you were assigned.
· Wear shoes that you wouldn’t mind getting dirty, and when you are walking around the farm be sure to stay on your path and not step on the plants.
· Bring your own water or reusable bags.